This is a post from my dev blog on tumblr, please follow it here
Copying and pasting my post on REO:
I tweeted this
Now, not saying I'm going to embark on this idea (yet), just gauging interest. A guy I follow on various networks made his own social network (sublevel.net/explore), and it's kind of interesting. I'm not using my megamanbattle.network domain, but I *love* talking about MMBN (in fact, that may have helped me land my latest job, haha!).
Anyhoo, what do y'all think? Feel free to bring this idea to anyone else you know who loves the series.
to a few notable BN-centric Twitter accounts and got enough responses to make me think this is a worthwhile effort (and, this is something that people want).
I want to crowdsource ideas for this Network and you can let me know what you want to see, in the comments below. I will end this post with the ideas I have so far:Description
A place for MMBN fans and cyber futurists to discuss, share, create, and hang outFramework/Platform
is perfect for creating quick, responsive web apps. I've picked it up in about a few hours for an eCommerce project and was impressed by it. I intend to develop more Meteor apps in the future.Specifications
* Automatically categorize posts in the global feed based on content with or without hashtags
* The categories are BN1, BN2, BN3, BN4, BN4.5, BN5, BN6, Network Transmission, BattleChips, and NetBattling. Of course, more categories will come.
* Progressive graphics interface, determined by user's Internet connection speed/platform. For example, if you have dial-up speeds, you will see a very simplistic version of the site. If you have FiOS-like speeds, you will have a more fancy experience.
* User's profile is their HP (homepage)! Use Isomer
* When logging in, why not choose where you want to go rather than be placed in the general feed. Why not land on your homepage? Custom parameter in settings? Keyboard shortcuts while "jacking-in"?
* Mr Prog integration? A.I. moderators with capabilities to block/ban offensive users